Apply for the Queen’s Young Leader 2017 Programme
Each application/nomination must meet the following criteria
AwardThe Queen’s Young Leader Award recognizes and celebrates exceptional people aged 18-29 from across the Commonwealth, who are taking the lead in their communities and using their skills to transform lives. Winners of this prestigious Award will receive a unique package of training, mentoring and networking, including a one-week residential program in the UK during which they will collect their Award from Her Majesty The Queen. With this support, Award winners will be expected to continue and develop the amazing work they are already doing in their communities. Applications are now open.
GrantsAs well as awarding inspirational young people, Queen’s Young Leaders Grants will be made to organizations in selected Commonwealth countries that can show they are improving the lives of young people. Our vision is to provide opportunities for young people to learn new skills, enter employment and give them a voice in their communities. All our funding has now been allocated and applications for grants are closed.
Priority will be given to individual who have overcome challenges to achieve their goal.THE GRANTS SCHEME
- Grants is only open to selected organization in 6 countries across the commonwealth (Bangladesh, Jamaica, sierra Leone, Solomon Island, UK and Zambia)
- Project must be led by, or focus on young people which provide opportunities for young people to learn new skills, enter employment or enterprise, or have a say in decision affecting their future. Each project should place young people at the heart of their communities, working with them to help solve the issue that affects their lives.
Each application/nomination must meet the following criteria:
Applicants need to have proven experience of working to improve their communities locally, regionally or at a national level and be able to show evidence of their achievements. Applicants must be aged between 18 and 29 throughout 2017; your date of birth must fall between 1st January 1988 – 1st January 1999;
- Applicants need to have proven experience of working to improve their communities locally, regionally or at a national level and be able to show evidence of their achievements.
- Applicants must be aged between 18 and 29 throughout 2017; your date of birth must fall between 1st January 1988 – 1st January 1999;
- Applicants must be citizens of and working in a Commonwealth country or citizens of an Overseas Territories (of a Commonwealth Member).
- Applicants need to demonstrate evidence of their leadership qualities.
- All applicants need to be supported by a suitable referee (a professional in one of the following occupations; a teacher or counsellor; a registered physician or nurse; a church or community leader; social worker or family services; or business leader). Referees must not be related to you.
- Priority will be given to individuals who have overcome challenges to achieve their goals.
As a Queen’s Young Leader you will be allocated a mentor with relevant experience and expertise who will support you over the course of the year to continue and develop your work.
- Online learning:
Online learning will be provided with materials relevant to your area of interest, as well as serving as a place for you to meet and share experiences and knowledge with other Queen’s Young Leaders.
- One-week residential
programme in the UK:
The Award winners will have the opportunity to meet with inspiring people and visit organizations in the UK that have expertise in areas such as media and communications, social action and advocacy. During this week, Awards will be presented by Her Majesty the Queen at Buckingham Palace.
Location: United Kingdom.Type: Fully Funded.
THIS IS A ONE TIME LIFE CHANGING OPPORTUNITY; YOU DON’T NEED TO MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY I GUESS!
How to apply